Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Tomato and Peanut Chutney


This chutney is again one of my invention.. My husband always talked about the tomato chutney which he had in Bangalore.. and used to ask me to make something like that ..and for me, I didnt know what all went into making that chutney except for tomato..So I tried different ingredietns like onion, garlic, cocounut, coriander leaves.. and though it was all tasty, I still wasnt satisfied and then.. I tried peanut and tomato combination.. and I loved it.. So here is the recipe..simple.. easy.. and delicious..

Ingredients:

2 medium tomatoes riped and juicy chopped
2 cloves of garlic chopped
pinch of hing
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp chilly powder
1/4 tsp mustard seeds
few curry leaves
2 tbsp roasted peanut powder
salt as per taste
1/2 tsp sugar
2 tsp oil

Method

Heat 1 tsp oil in a pan and add chopped garlic and let it brown a little..then add all masala powder(hing, turmeric powder,and chilly powder) and fry for 2 seconds, add little water if required..then add chopped tomatoes and salt and sugar and cook till it becomes mushy. Now add the peanut powder and close the flame. Let it cool a bit and grind it in a mixer and remove it in a bowl.

Now heat one tsp oil in a small tadka pan and add mustard seeds and let it splutter. Then add curry leaves and fry till crisp.. Pour this over the chutney and its ready to serve..

Cheers!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment