Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Mixed flour Thalipeet



This idea of mixed flour bhakri came to me when I had no wheat flour left. I was so bored of eating rice..and wanted to eat chapathi or roti or anything healthy.. At the same time I didnt wanted to go for shopping as was feeling too lazy.. One month back I had brought some 3 -4 types of flour.. just to add little with wheat flour while making Rotis.. to add some more nutritional value to  it.. I usually do that.. I sometime add little Nachni flour, or Maize flour, Jowar flour, Rajgira flour or even Bhajra flour to my Wheat flour while making the dough and make Rotis.. Started thinking of all this nutrition stuff after my kid started eating solids..

Its those stages in life.. where when you first learn to cook.. you want to make tasty food, want ppl to praise your food.. but then theres a stage where you see the effects of food on health.. and start becoming more conscious about the amount of fat that can be reduced and nutritional value that can be increased in your daily food. Well I am in that second stage now.. and always keep searching and reading about healthy recipes wherever I can find and this recipe is the result of that..

Not only its healthy and delicious.. its also very easy and quick to make..This may not be the traditional Maharashtrian Thalipeet, but its my version of Thalipeet..

Ingredients:

1 cup maize flour
1/2 cup bajra flour
1 cup rajgira flour
1/2 cup chickpea flour
1/4 tsp roasted coriander powder
1/4 tsp chilly powder
1 small onion chopped finely
few stalks of coriander leaves chopped finely
salt as per taste
2 tbsp thick curd
water as required

Method:

Mix all the ingredients by adding little little water as required to make a thick sticky dough. Keep aside covered for 5 to 10 minutes. Now take a cling film sheet and put drops of oil on it and grease the sheet. Put a medium size ball of dough on the sheet and keep tapping in circular motion to make a thin bhakri. Heat a flat griddle and add 1 tsp oil on it. Now very carefully put the prepared bhakri and cook it covered for few minutes till it turns light brown. Now turn over and cook covered till the other side too gets light brown. Add little oil on sides and cook for few seconds. Serve hot with curd and pickle.




No comments:

Post a Comment